Jewish Women's Aid
JWA is the only specialist organisation in the UK supporting Jewish women and their children affected by domestic violence and abuse. JWA was founded to support thousands of Jewish women who, each year, will face physical, emotional, psychological, sexual or financial abuse from within their own home.
JWA is the only organisation in the UK dealing specifically with the needs of abused Jewish women and their children. JWA gives survivors the confidence to make informed choices about the next steps in their lives someone who believes in them. JWA can support a survivor for as long as she needs.
The organisation has two principal aims/goals:
- To provide confidential, accessible, empowering and culturally-sensitive advocacy and support for Jewish women and their children affected by domestic violence and abuse;
- Through education, training and awareness-raising, to ensure that all sectors of the Jewish community recognise and speak out against domestic violence and abuse.
One woman in four will experience domestic violence in her lifetime - regardless of age, education, class, lifestyle or religion. It can take place in any intimate relationship, between partners, ex-partners or adult family members. The Jewish community is affected by domestic violence just like any other.
JWA has the following core services:
- Freephone confidential helpline 0808 801 0500
- Advocacy and support
- Children's Play Therapist
- Safer Dating
- Training & Awareness-Raising
To find out more information please go to www.jwa.org.uk or call Julia on 020 8445 8060